Cover Your Liabilities by Performing Professional Inventory Inspections
That’s why you need a modern tool and a modern way of working!
This is where the tablet comes in. It’s almost as if the tablet was deliberately built for the controlling and inspection process; that Steve Jobs created this tool when moving between apartments! The tablet possesses all of the essential tools needed to perform an inspection, such as: taking pictures, a dictaphone feature, geographical/date stamping and much more.
But be careful! It’s very easy to put your checklists on a tablet, but an inventory inspection should be much more than this. Instead of scribbling on a piece of paper, you need to capture different kinds of data, ranging from maintenance information and the state of your dwelling to sending the reports to tenants and landlords. This is where inspection apps come into play.
What should I look out for in an app?
An inspection app should cover some basic requirements, as outlined below:
- Synchronize & work online/offline.
- Work in cascade i.e. the next inspection is based upon the former one.
- Quick evaluation and description of elements/components.
- Ability to take pictures and sketch on them.
- Automatically generate reports.
- Support signing on the app.
- Immediately send the reports out by email.
These basic features will not only result in a smooth transition of tenants but will also cover your liabilities when it comes to charging tenants for damages incurred and make sure disputes are quickly and effectively squashed.
Doing all of this manually will cost you a lot of time and effort – especially when it comes to creation/post-processing reports, collecting maintenance data, creating addendums – and not to mention the wide array of data you are missing out on!
Unfortunately, most apps still miss a lot of key essential features that will allow you to collect this accurate data.
Some essential features you should be on the look-out for are:
- The navigation structure should match your building structure. This will make navigation logical and easy.
- Always keep the overview: what’s done and what’s still open.
- You should immediately see existing issues vs new ones.
- The app should come fully prepared so that you can get started right away simply choose from structure-lists, detail-list, etc
- Your app has to make a distinction between in, out, and intermediate inspections.
- You should be able to work in detail and fill out the characteristics of an element, whenever necessary.
- You should have a separate way of issue detailing, with comments and pictures, indicating costs, cost-allocations, and more.
Let’s have a look at some of those processes;
- First of all, as a manager, you want to organize your inspection team by planning and following-up with them. We enable you to do so in our specifically designed Chapps Manager. We place you in full control. This web-application is complementary and also offers you tools for quality controls on inspections & inspectors.
- Everyone knows that a move-out inspection is quite a challenge when registering issues, damages or problems and holding the tenant accountable for it. This can sometimes be tricky. That’s why creating a clear summary of issues and supporting direct interaction is essential! You need some calculation strategies, and that’s where Chapps can help you!
- You generate a lot of data; lists of charges, actions to be taken and much more. To get a quick and smooth turnover you need to organize your maintenance guys. Chapps allows you to do so – for instance, by sending them ‘to do’ lists. Chapps also provides you with a link to a separate Maintenance App and Manager.
- You need a series of productivity tools to avoid repetitive work. Simply duplicate elements or even areas. Use as a “Standard” feature on elements. Work with referenced objects. And don’t forget – you work in cascade, which means that your next inspection is based on the former one.
There are many reasons why pen and paper are simply not efficient, effective or accurate. Discover and explore a new and improved way of working.
Implement modernity into your workplace and choose an inspection tool worthy of it.
Work fast, smart and accurate – discover Chapps today.
ARLA protects consumers and their money by holding their members accountable and empowering customers with knowledge and advice. Discover more at: https://www.arla.co.uk/